Free Fire FAQs
FREE FIRE - INFORMATION FOR PARENTS & GUARDIANS
Our policies and Terms of Service are designed to promote a positive and enjoyable experience for all Free Fire players. We are also committed to providing parents with the information they need and empowering them to help their children enjoy a safe and enjoyable experience on Free Fire.
For more information, please refer to the FAQ below or to our Terms of Service.
What is Free Fire?
• Free Fire is an online, mobile-only battle royale game designed to offer players an enjoyable social experience.
• You can watch this video for a quick overview of what the game entails.
Where can I download Free Fire?
You can download Free Fire in the following places:
• iOS - Available on the App Store
• Android - Available on Google Play
What transactions can be made in the game?
• Players can earn tools for enhancing gameplay and in-game currency by playing the game, which can be used to purchase in-game characters and items.
• Players can also purchase diamonds with real-world currency, which can also be used to purchase in-game characters and items.
Is Free Fire safe for my child to play?
• We are committed to providing a positive, safe and enjoyable experience for all Free Fire players.
• As stated in our Terms of Service, players who have not reached the age of majority (child/children) are required to seek parental consent before registering to play the game. If you are a parent or guardian creating an account on behalf of your child, you are also required to agree to the Terms of Service before registering an account.
Who can talk to my child in Free Fire?
• Free Fire’s chat feature is designed to foster conversations between players and build a strong sense of community.
• Free Fire players are able to chat with other players that they have added to their friends list and to chat during game play.
• Players can also communicate with team members who would also first have to be added to their friends list.
What are the age requirements for my child to play the game?
• Free Fire’s age rating in the Google Play and Apple App Stores depends on the ratings system in your country.
• In most countries, Free Fire is rated 12+. Please refer to the Apple App Store or Google Play Store for more details on the specific age rating in your country.
My child has registered for Free Fire, but is not old enough to play the game. What can I do?
• If you learn that your child is under the age of majority but has registered for Free Fire without your knowledge or approval, please email the details to our Support Page. For more information on age restrictions, please refer to our Terms of Service.
• As described below, both Google and Apple also offer a range of settings that empower parents to control access to certain apps.
What control do I have over my child’s account? Where can I learn about parental controls?
• Free Fire is available for download on the Google Play Store and the Apple App Store.
• Both Google and Apple offer a range of settings that empower parents to control various aspects such as which apps your children can access and how they make in-app purchases.
• You are advised to refer to the links below for instructions and more information on how to control these settings:
• For iPhone users
• For Android users:
• To set content restrictions:
• To set authentication for purchases:
If my child is under the age of majority but wishes to play Free Fire, can he or she register to play?
• Our Terms of Service require that children seek parental consent before registering to play Free Fire.
• In addition, we encourage parents to stay involved to understand what games their children are playing, and to educate them about how to have a safe and enjoyable experience online.
• We suggest that parents have regular conversations with their children about their online behaviour in general, the information that they consume online and any other issues they may have encountered online.
• For more information on how to have a healthy discussion with your child about this topic, we recommend this guide from the ESRB
I have a question about purchases that my child made on the Free Fire app. Who can I contact?
• For queries regarding unauthorized purchases, refunds, etc. please send us the details via our Support Page.
My child has received inappropriate communications on Free Fire. What can I do?
• Users are advised to report any inappropriate behaviour via the in-app reporting functions, our social media platforms or by sending us the details to our Support Page.
• We respond to all such reports and take action where required, up to and including banning players from our game. Any accounts that we find to have been used for illegal, fraudulent, harassing, defamatory, threatening or abusive purposes may also be referred to law enforcement authorities.